Thursday, November 10, 2011

StagNation

seriously, in what fresh fucking hell did I wake up in this morning? I'm supposed to feel grateful to live here? as if I should simply ignore all of the horrible fucking nonsense inflicted upon us, the citizenry - nay, the very fucking GLUE that holds this nation together - in favor of some bullshit idea of farcical geographic lottery? I should be thankful that I wasn't born in fucking Somalia? come on! is such rhetorical horseshit supposed to make me feel guilty for questioning the greatness of our allegedly great nation? a nation that, regardless of the reasons behind its initial inception, has done its damnedest to become the foremost empire of the globe? yeah, so I live in a country where I have the luxury to speak my mind sans fear of deadly persecution. shouldn't that be the first and best reason to question one's nation when things seem to be going south at an accelerated rate? I mean, if we're so goddamn great, then why in the name of Hades should we, as a people, settle for the raw fucking deal that our appointed leaders have shoveled our way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment