Thursday, June 21, 2012

old angel nowhere [2006]


temporal misfit of finance. existential sucking up circumstance. no-moon bridge afraid to cross, but did anon. because of somnamboholic arsenal slung over shoulder, lining throat, drowned mind.
nothing angel guiding me to neon ovoid nowhere. fast food wasteland of aberrant normalcy in top fashions. like in daylight behind counter of servitude, only thusly clubbed and unbidden. no place for my dis-overeducated slumped-over inksloppy self. staggering return, but not to home only hide-out. hellish paradise - locking the door.
park filth hazing my eyes wash it out with strange water from sad spigot nervous towel becoming shroud. me - and W.S.B. - again, staring back, through, out. only now does it become clear that nothing is clear. at least, not like the crystalline hangover noonish waiting at ass-end of frenzied ashen drunkscape. behind throbbing unsleep, just fucking pretend cadaverish. any movement hither only attracts demons of bibulous regret.
“you had your fun asshole,” voice like mosquito flight “and you paid for it.”
if the Chinese have a Hell of Incessant Gagging, the I must be taking up residency there. lotus like Buddha on a bad throne, wisdom desiccating like forgotten fruit on a tree in Acacia. semantic neglect and constant traffic spasms. (spasms of traffic?) esoteric pavement spatters like Aztec vomit. fucking vomit of current America. “if you’re looking for it,” says the no-face cleanup man in orange jumpsuit, “just look down.”
don’t ask me to define the redglint chronology twitching behind my eyes. the rose-tinted principalities of an intellect out of focus & time. these eyes belong to another decade.
sorry. was that too forward? or was it too backward? I get confused when I get too scary on the inside. skull a lurid b-movie of cholesterol twitches. grey-purple-green-red, and then back to suffocating grey. blue visits on time off.
“my name is Bacchus Jr.,” he says, mechanizing his lines, “my dad’s dead a long time, but his spirit lives on in the gutters of downtown.” (the crackheads raise their arms in jittery hosannas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment