Monday, May 19, 2014

extended stay?

the land stretches far and wide. that's a given. yet, there is more land everyday. land which hasn't seen daylight in thousands of years. there is a reason for that. reason being that, for all the land meeting the sun anew, there are oceans gaining similar levels of elevation. nature is a trade-off, after all.

I hate to feel idealistic, because I am poor. ideals only work for those who can afford them. I am not a liberal, but I am not a fucking idiot either. I see the signs, even through the toxic haze of poverty, depression, alcohol-abuse and dysfunction, to realize that shit needs to change. sooner rather than later.

some of us have children, some do not. yet, we all have families, whether we are close to them or not. and some of us have fucking pets we care about. 

the ship is going down, folks. let's fix it, down to its frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment