Saturday, August 16, 2014

teutonic buddha (8.15.2014)

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth”

I smile like the Buddha of late. shit, I kinda look like him too, in a hairy Teutonic sort of way. maybe it’s those leaf-shadows I mentioned before? Nah, it wasn’t the shadows, or the leaves; it was the diminutive, perfectly heart-shaped face, with those eyes and that smile of hers which made me take on the aspect of a deity in which I don’t believe, but rather his aspect in and of itself.
I smile because, at the end of the long arduous day, it is the best action I could take in lieu of current conditions. circumstances not only beyond my control, but ridiculously askew from any semblance of idyllic. 
if I seem hyperbolic, it is only due to an innate indoctrination involving appreciation for existing boons, 1st World in nature, versus diamond-hard actuality.
I smile because any other expression adorning my face betrays my darkness, my odium. Thus, in effect, betraying the love I feel towards that which is pinnacle to my continued existence. or, perhaps, my endurance of such. 
a quantity that remains unknown for days until I see that smile once again?
I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment