Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Ransomed Atheist

I have reached a bleak point in my life where I have made the realization that I am an atheist. Not due to some horrible life-changing event, or dark epiphany. No. It has been the long traversal of an endless black road of things which have accumulated into said realization. There was no cynicism involved, because I was a cynic way back when I was still a "believer". 
I simply cannot adhere anymore to any line of thought or philosophy which supports the idea of an omnipotent being that created our world through the means & edicts presented by the collective norm known as The Bible. 
It simply makes no sense to me anymore. At all. In any way. 
And, did I mention that it just doesn't gel with me?
Seriously, the idea of Ancient Astronauts, with their evidence presented, makes more sense to me than any description of any religion at all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment